One of my dear customers sent a photo of the Lego knobs her son made. She said it was a great DIY project and her son loves his Lego room, complete with Lego knobs.
Tonight at 7pm, Cameleon Hardware will be featured as a new product on the show I WANT THAT. We are so excited to see be featured and curious as to what the final clip will look like, but I know it is truly a blessing to have this opportunity.
I Want That is a show that features new products. The product is given to an average citizen to use, test and comment on. It really is a great idea for a show.
Cameleon Hardware was a green product before, but now it just got greener. Now the design plate is made out of recycled candy wrappers, along with the base being made out of recycled aluminum and the packaging is made out of biodegradable packaging, now the whole product is totally GREEN. I am so proud of it, and I have worked very hard to have my product reflect my morals and values. Besides being #a green product, it also re-uses every day items, and is a quality product, made to last a lifetime, not to add the landfills. And it is not only Made in America, but it is made locally. YAAA!
A masculine look is what I was looking for when I started to refurbish an old dresser. I found a thin brown rustic tile , left over from a recent remodel, and added a few new sleek black accent tiles from the local home improvement store. I sandwiched the brown tile between the 2 black, glossy tiles and glued all 3 tiles to the Design Plate. This created a sleek, masculine look, and was an easy DIY project for a very inexpensive price. To transform an old dresser to a sleek masculine dresser only cost $30 and a little hard work.
ONLY 5 DAYS TILL VOTING BEGINS IN MARTHA STEWART’S MADE IN AMERICA CONTEST. COME BACK NEXT MONDAY TO VOTE FOR CAMELEON HARDWARE!
5 reasons to vote for Cameleon Hardware
- Cameleon Hardware is not only made in America, but it is mostly manufactured locally, right here in the Pacific Northwest.
- Cameleon Hardware is made out of recycle materials.
- Cameleon Hardware is packaged in biodegradable packaging.
- Cameleon hardware is great for re purposing every day items to create one-of-a-kind custom hardware.
- Cameleon Hardware is made to last a lifetime. Nothing cheap and breakable here!
DIY #Dorm Room Ideas 101 – If you like to knit or crochet, this is a great way to personalize your dorm room with these cute custom knobs.
- Choose your yarn colors and knit or crochet your basic flower. If you don’t know how to knit, I have included a couple of links for basic beginner yarn flowers, below. You can add a center accent, such as a fake pearl or button, to complete the design.
- Using the glue that came in your knob kit, glue your yarn creation to the patented design plate and slide the design plate in to the aluminum base.
- If you haven’t already inserted the set screw, now is the time. Insert the set screw that came into your knob kit, into the barrel of the knob. If you are having a trouble, try putting the set screw onto the end of the Allen wrench and insert it into the barrel. Screw the set screw into the barrel, until it stops. The set screw will hold the design plate secure, so it won’t come off during everyday use.
- Attach your new knobs to your dresser or desk, using the screws included in your knob kit. What a great way to personalize your dorm room.
Here are some 4th of July decorating ideas to inspire you to make special knobs for your cabinets. This Independence Day inspired hardware was easy to make out of polymer clay. These pinwheels really add a patriotic spin on your cabinetry! (pun intended).
Other ideas for patriotic handles may be to cut different sizes of stars from polymer clay and glue onto one of our handles, in a random pattern.
Have fun and be safe this 4th of July!